Our range of low E, low maintenance and solar control glasses are the perfect choice for customers looking for the ultimate in glass solutions. A glass roof dramatically improves the views from within your conservatory, allows for more natural sunlight and instantly gives your new conservatory that all important wow factor
Low E glass information
Low E glass has a microscopic metal coating which reflects the heat back into the room. Double glazed units which incorporate this glass offer up to 33% better insulation than conventional insulating glass units, therefore keeping your home warmer and reducing your heating bills.
Solar control glass
Solar control glass can be used on our conservatory roofs to help prevent the build-up of heat during the hot summer months. The coating on the glass helps reflect the heat from the sun back to the outside of the conservatory giving you a more comfortable and usable living space. The glass is available in a range of tints which allows the glass to absorb more heat, whilst the coating reflects the heat back to the outside.
- Tinted to absorb the heat
- Coated to reflect the heat back to the outside
- Tint and coating together absorbs and reflects heat for maximum comfort
- Eliminates the need for expensive window dressing
- Reduced fading of carpets and furniture.
Low maintenance glass
A revolutionary coating can be applied to glass as part of the manufacturing process, which means that it is fused to the surface of the glass and therefore lasts the lifetime of the pane. The coating uses the rain and natural light from the sun to efficiently combat the dirt and grime that accumulates on the outside of the window. By reducing the need for manual cleaning it provides the ideal solution for keeping those dangerous or hard to reach areas clean, leaving you more time to relax and enjoy your conservatory.
How does it work?
How does it work? There are two processes. Firstly, the special coating harnesses the natural daylight which triggers the breakdown of the dirt and grime on the outside of the glass and secondly, when the rainwater hits the glass, rather than forming droplets, it flattens and spreads out across the surface of the glass helping to wash away the dirt and grime. This sheeting effect also minimises spots and streaks by helping the glass to dry more quickly and evenly
- A permanent coating that lasts the lifetime of the window
- Perfect for areas that are hard to clean
- Glass stays cleaner for longer
- Less dirt and grime adheres to the window, so any cleaning is quick and easy
- Reduced window cleaning bills
- Less frequent use of cleaning materials, so kinder on the environment
- Available in a range of tint colours.